What is a prepaid funeral plan?
Most of us don’t like to think about our passing, and in particular about our funeral plans. It can certainly be an uncomfortable subject to broach, however being able to plan and pay for your own funeral well in advance allows you to have exactly what YOU want rather than leaving your family to guess your preferences. It also allows you to pay for your funeral at today’s prices AND split the cost by way of affordable monthly payments.
If you’re making the decision to write your Will, you should include within it your choice of burial or cremation however having a specific funeral plan allows you to choose as little or as much as you want to happen on the day and what you wish to happen to your remains.
We work with Dignity Funeral Planning which enables our clients to have the peace of mind that their plan is handled by an established organisation who hold the client’s funds in trust until such time as the funds are needed for the funeral.
You can be as detailed as you wish in the planning of your own funeral and choose a plan that works best for you and your budget ensuring that your family aren’t burdened with more stress and decisions to be made when you pass.
- The cost of funerals is rising above the rate of inflation each year.
By purchasing your funeral plan now, you are locking in today’s prices.
- A properly planned funeral can avoid disagreements after you have passed.
- Make your plans known to family and friends. This will ensure that your specific wishes are carried out as you’ve recorded them.
- Prepare, and reduce the stress for loved ones at a time when the last thing they’ll want to do is try to work out what your wishes were and have meetings.
- A prepaid funeral scheme reduces the emotional and financial burden for your loved ones,
To find out more call us on 01422 658 008 or use the form below to email us.
How does a funeral plan work?
- With our support you simply select the plan that suits your needs. You can find details of each of the plans during our initial meeting or request them using the form below.
- Choose how you would like to purchase your plan. You can pay in one payment or spread the cost across monthly instalments*
- We will complete the relevant paperwork and submit it to Dignity on your behalf
- You will subsequently be contacted by Dignity to check through your personal details and to confirm the content of the plan. They will also send copies of your agreement to your home address along with additional copies for your relatives or funeral organiser. The documents will include details on how to implement the plan when the time comes and how to get in touch with them at any time to make changes to your requests.
Get In Touch